Monday, June 27, 2011

The End of the Box Braids

Sorry that I've been MIA lately. The last couple of weeks have been strange for us. Syd went to camp for a week. The day after she came back, she went to stay with family members while I went on a mini vacation for a few days. We saw each other for a day and a half, and then Syd took off to go camping with my brother and his family. We finally met up at a family reunion the other day and I brought her home with me so we can finally spend some time together.

All this means that Syd (and her hair) haven't seen me or had my help for about 2 and a half weeks. As a result, Syd's box braids were looking kind of rough. I also only have a couple of picutres of her hair during that time.

The picture below was taken the day before she left to go camping, so the braids were already 2 weeks old. Her hair was slightly wet here because she had been caught in the rain just before I snapped the picture.

Later that day, I washed her braids and put them into 2 cornrows for her camping trip. I used Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave in and then used Kinky Curly Curling Custard to hide the fuzz and hold the cornrows for the duration of her trip.


When we came home a few days later, I removed the cornrows and put the resulting crimpy-looking braids into 2 low pigtails. After 3 days of camping, playing with cousins, fishing, and bike riding, the fuzz was back in full force.


This was the last day of the braids. They could have lasted a little longer, but Syd isn't a fan of the fuzz and we were ready for something different. The 101 box braids were in for a total of 18 days.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, even after all that time her hair really doesn't look bad considering all the activity she has had. Great job. Her hair is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle G, that's great for the time and all that activity. The cornrows were a great idea and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great minds think alike! i do the same for A's braids when i need them to last a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summer style! They did hold up well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...