Friday, September 28, 2012

Braided Mohawk With Side Bangs


About 2 weeks ago, Syd and I were in the car when she said, "Remember when I used to get lots of cool styles?"

It was then that I realized it has been FOREVER since she has had a style other than box braids, twists, or twist outs. We're talking months here.

(Stands at the front of the room) Hi, my name is Rae and I'm a hair slacker.

So last weekend I decided to try to be creative. There was only one problem...I've been slacking so long that I think my creativity is stuck in hibernation. After no new ideas came to me, I settled on a mohawk style with some cornrowed side bangs. (I'm not sure it counts as bangs when the hair hangs down past her armpits, but what else can I call that section???)

Here is the style:






So there it was. Not incredibly creative, but still cute and it wasn't box braids or twists/outs. She wore this style for a week before we took it down and gave her a fresh set of plain old two strand twists (I know, I know) for cross country pictures at school.

If anyone spots my creativity hiding somewhere, please let me know asap. Syd's hair misses its old friend.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post and keeping strong in this increasingly cut-throat blogging game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair is gorgeous!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful!! What a gorgeous style on an even gorgeous little lady!! <3

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this one! I'm guilty of doing A lot of twists/twist outs lately with my oldest as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...