Monday, April 23, 2012

No Ponytails For Mom

I always take the time to make sure Syd's hair is properly cared for and styled nicely. She rarely walks out of the house with her hair just thrown up into a quick ponytail. Me, on the other hand? A messy, just-get-it-out-of-my-face ponytail has actually become my normal style. Sad, huh?

Well, things are going to change. I decided that I need to put as much love into my own hair as I put into Syd's. Working at home is no excuse for me to put no effort into my appearance. So for the next 3 weeks, I have decided to put an end to my ponytail habit.

From now until Mother's day, I will not allow myself to wear my hair in a ponytail. The only exception to this rule will be when I am working out. Running with my hair down just doesn't sound like a good idea.

To give you an idea of what I'm working with, here is a picture of my hair in its completely natural state. I washed it, combed it, and left it alone until it had completely air dried on its own (about 4 hours). It's very thick, very coarse, and can get pretty frizzy at times, despite being almost completely straight. (There goes the theory that frizz only attacks curly heads!)


Since I don't want to use a flat iron every day, I'm going to have to get creative. I have a feeling bobby pins are going to become some of my very good friends. I'll post pics every day or two on my facebook page in case other ponytail addicted moms want to see what I come up with. Check out that page at https://www.facebook.com/TweenyHairCommunity and feel free to post pictures of any styles you've done that might help me out!

Anyone else want to abandon ponytails with me???

16 comments:

  1. Oooh!! I can't wait!

    *Grabs popcorn and water... and kicks feet up*

    Exciting!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do ponytails much anymore but with that being said I don't do my hair either... LOL. So I don't know what I could do different but I am excited to see what you are going to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from a quick ponytail, I don't do my hair, either. This should get interesting! =)

      Delete
  3. I am soooo a ponytail addict! I wish I were brave enough to take this challenge with you. Yeah but.....not quite. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I totally understand! It's only day one and I'm already thinking, "What did I just get myself into?" LOL

      Delete
  4. This is great! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Precious! I could use your creativity right about now! <3

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see what you come up with I am gonna try to do this as well but don't know about 3 weeks with absolutley no ponytails lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Post pics on facebook so we can steal styles from each other! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks a lot like mine when I let it air day. I'm looking for to your ideas for hair without the ponytail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the hairstyles. I keep my hair braided or twisted. I used to be a ponytail queen until I went natural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea! I wonder if I could follow through, though! I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully a bouffant counts as a style! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg this would be the ideal challenge for me and one my mother would LOVE! I use the excuse of having two kids under four as a reason NOT to style my hair but, I may join this venture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great pic of you! Good luck I can't wait to see the styles you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so pretty, this is exciting! i'll be patiently waiting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...