Saturday, January 28, 2012

An Update: Life and the Mini Twists

Hi everyone. I apologize for being gone for a few weeks. Illness and a few other serious life situations made January a fairly rough month for us. But we always bounce back, and I'm happy to say we're ready to get back to life as we know it, which includes a lot more time spent on hair and the blog.

You probably remember Syd's mini twist style I did at the beginning of the month. Those twists lasted about 3 1/2 weeks, but we really didn't get a chance to do any styling. Syd wore her twists down or half-up pretty much every day of those 3 1/2 weeks. I wish they would have lasted a little longer, but Syd wears hoodies a lot during the winter and those hoods aren't very good at preserving hair styles. Her hair was getting very frizzy and I could see the shed hairs making their way out of the twists and causing tangles wherever they went.

Here are a few pics I snapped right before removing the twists. I know what you're probably thinking. There doesn't look like much frizz, right? I agree. But only because these pictures just don't show what I could see in person. There were many tangles to fight during the removal process. Another week wouldn't have been a good thing.




While removing the twists, I detangled with my FINGERS ONLY. A comb would have snapped those tangled hairs and led to a lot of damage. Sure, it took a little longer, but her hair definitely appreciated it!

2 comments:

  1. I want to give mini twists a try....they look so good on Syd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 1/2 weeks isn't bad! I've yet to make it 1 week :( Those hoods can seriously wreak havoc.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...